Friday 29 March 2013

My first attempt at gluten free bread.

I'm posting from my phone. I love technology, but it is a challenge, but I wanted to post pictures easily, so here I am.
Matt brought home a mix to make GF bread. This is kinda cheating if you are like me & usually make bread from scratch, but worth a try since he paid $7 for it!!
So I mixed it up & it's weird. The texture is more grainy, thick muffin batter than bread dough.
So here it is in the bowl after mixing.
 

And here it is right after I put it in the pan.  The glossy look is because I put water on my fingers to smooth it out.


Here it is when it's done rising & ready to go in the oven:

And here it is done.. you can see where my 4 y/o poked it when it was rising! Lol!


I sliced into the warm loaf.... 

Then sauteed up some shrimp & cooked some beans & ate the bread w/ oil & vinegar.  Yum!! 

You definitely have to be more creative when GF, but it can be delicious (and I saved some of that shrimp for tomorrow. LOL! I cooked up more than I thought I was... 

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say that this bread is kind of spongy once it's cooked, but it was good... and soaked up that oil & vinegar nicely. Yummy treat! The best treat?? I'm 1/2 hour out from eating bread & my belly is bloated and uncomfortable. Woot!

    ReplyDelete