Thursday 21 March 2013

Pushed Into It...

For many years now I've been struggling with feeling awful.  My symptoms are many, none that were too bad up until the past year or so:

  1. Indigestion
  2. Nausea (LOTS and LOTS of nausea)
  3. Anxiety (Probably caused by the nausea... always so afraid to go out because I feel sick all the time.) 
  4. Depression
  5. Exhaustion
  6. Muscle tiredness
  7. Headaches
  8. Migraines
  9. Bloated after eating 
  10. Craving Sweets and high starch foods. 
  11. And more..
For about 6 months or so my gut (no pun intended) has felt that it's a gluten intolerance.  My Mom & sister were experiencing the same things and went to the Dr.  They tested positive for gluten intolerance.  That was over a year ago & I shrugged off my symptoms as just being a Mom of 5 kiddos symptoms.  But they've been getting worse over the past year.  My headaches, especially... Almost daily & migraines almost weekly.  MISERY!!

So instead of spending $ on an expensive test, I've decided to go gluten free for 2-4 weeks and see if I'm feeling any better.  If not, it's off to the Dr I go.  :) 

Today is Day 2.  It's not fun. It's miserable. I swear I'm detoxing.  I don't enjoy this one bit.  My husband is wonderful and went out to the store and bought some GF snacks for me.  I need to start cooking and baking GF to feel "normal".  Right now I'm just eating things like cottage cheese or corn chips... *rolleyes*  Super healthy... 

No comments:

Post a Comment