Sunday 24 March 2013

The 5th Day

Yesterday was awful.  I was so miserable, yet I couldn't be because I was super busy. My body seems to be having a hard time letting go of the gluten... it was like withdrawal symptoms.  We had ballet,  pinewood derby with the Royal Rangers/MPact girls and I had to set up things for church today.  I left the house around 8:15 and by the time I got home around 4, I took a hot (HOT!) bath and crawled into bed.  I didn't leave bed except to snuggle my 4y/o to sleep until this morning.  Yep... in bed for about 14 hrs.  Can't remember the last time I did that.  I felt that awful.

Today has been better. not 100% and not the amazing feeling everyone says I'll feel once I'm off gluten, but  better than yesterday.  My brain isn't quite as fogged & my body not quite so tired.

Today is Day 5 of gluten detox.

I made sure to eat breakfast this morning.  Sure, nutella & a banana, but it gave me some protein and energy.  Lunch was blue corn chips w/ some cheese.  Dinner will be grilled burgers in a lettuce wrap and maybe something w/ tater.

I do need to get some gluten free soy sauce.  One of my favorite lunches is a bowl of rice w/ some melted cheese & soy sauce.  I have to admit that is one thing I've been missing the most.

Small thank yous...
Yay that coffee is GF!
Yay that nutella is GF!

We'll see what tomorrow brings... :/

2 comments:

  1. We get a big bottle of Tamari that is super yummy and GF. San-J Organic Tamari. My kids prefer it to other soy sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! I'll look into it. It's definitely something I'll need!! :)

    ReplyDelete