Saturday 30 March 2013

Another Little yet Important Thing

It dawned on me today when we were all eating and laughing together at the dinner table & as I was reading numerous 'days" in "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" to my 6 y/o that I'm really enjoying my kids these days.  Maybe it's the weather a little warmer, maybe it's just a good time in my life, but it is unusual for me to enjoy my children this month w/out feeling exhausted and forcing the enjoyment.  (I hate to even admit that)  It used to be that I was counting hours til bed time, would shoo them away when I tired of their incessant rambling and encouraged them to find their own ways to occupy themselves... but now we start bedtime routine at the normal time or w/in a 1/2 hr of the normal time, but I don't pay attention to how long it's taking me to read to them or snuggle them or chat with them about the day.  I'm really beginning to enjoy them again and I hope that it stays that way because I'm starting to like who I am again... which is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment